Bagan Archaeological Museum is situated on the south of Gawdaw Palin Pagoda, in Old Bagan. Except On Mondays and gazette public holidays, it is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Lacquerware Museum is located on a side street of Old Bagan, not far from Tharabar Gate. It was founded in 1972. It serves as a treasure trove of information and a visit to this museum is worthwhile for tourists.
This early 11th century temple is an attraction to visitors with its with well-preserved, richly-colors mural paintings. It was built in 1113 A.D. by Prince Rajakumar following the death of his father, King Kyanzittha.
According to tradition, the name of the temple "Naga Yon", meaning '"Protected by the Naga Serpent', derives from an incident in Kyansittha's life. Once, when he was fleeing from the wrath of his predecessor, King Sawlu (1077-1084), he was watched over by a young naga while he slept. The place then became the site of the Nagavon temple.
Nan paya lies close to the Manuha Temple. Tradition says that it was built by Prince Naga Thaman, King Manuha's grand-nephew, in the late 11th century and used as the residence of the captive Mon King, Manuha. It's situated in the south west of Manuha temple, Myinkabar ward, old Bagan.
These two pagodas belong to 11th century A.D. and were in ruins in 1905. It is learnt that the structure of the pagoda is similar to the gold earrings which the residents wore since the ancient times.
Saytana Gyi pagoda is situated in the south of New Bagan city. It was built by King Zeya Theinkha (a) Nadaungmyar. The pagoda is one of the most massive and colossal monuments in Bagan region. The reliquary inside is the same design of Sri Lanka’s architecture.
These temples are so called Paya Thone Zu because the monuments consist of three distinct small square temples with vaulted corridors and porticoes, joined together by two vaulted narrow passages leading from the one into the others.
Izza Gawna Temple is situated on the road from Myingun village to Ingone village. This rectangular brick monastery is 90 feet in length, 100 feet and four inches in width and 20 feet and 8 inches in height. It is low brick structure with the flat roof.
To reveal truly useful Traditional Myanmar Thanakha, Shwe Pyi Nann, the biggest Thanakha Company in Myanmar, runs the Thanakha Museum which is named after its Thanakha brand “Shwe Pyi Nann”.
Gu Byauk Gyi Temple near Wetkyi-In village lies to the south-east of Kyanzittha Umin, in Old Bagan. It was built in early 13 century with a spire resembling the Mahabodhi temple, and repaired in 1468 A.D.
The double-cave type Pyathadar Gyi Temple is situated to the southeast of Sula-Mani pagoda. It was built by King Kya Swa. It is one of the most massive monuments in Bagan, with the fine work of stucco.
Copyright © 2017, Wonder Bagan. All Rights Reserved.