Gu Byauk Gyi Temple, near Wetkyi-In village, lies to the north of Anawrhta road.
The temple faces east with a sikhara, double-vaulted halls, and a spiral stair. It's famous for its frescoes and stucco works. The interest attaching to this temple lies in the fine mural paintings on the interior walls depicting scenes from the jakatas. The complete series was painted half on the northern wall and half on the southern wall of the vestibule. The legends describing the scenes are in Pali and archaic Myanmar. Most of the panels were, however, lost through the vandalism of a German, who removed them to be placed in a museum in Germany in 1899.
It was built in the early 13th Century with a spire resembling the Mahabodhi temple, and repaired in 15th Century